Skip to content
- Nahamu will work with government bodies and decision makers to offer insight into cultural issues and religious conflicts in order to build an understanding of how harm arising from the abuse of religious power can arise in the Jewish community.
- Nahamu will fight for the right of every Jewish child and adolescent to receive a secular education that will enable them to be a productive and financially independent member of society.
- Nahamu will make available both legal analyses of halakhic issues that may impact on Jewish people and halakhic analyses of legal issues that may have consequences for Jewish people.
- Nahamu will produce studies of specific structural problems within Jewish communities which result in the isolation of its members, or the denial of their autonomy, and develops potential solutions to those challenges.
- Nahamu will seek to encourage organisations and individuals both within and outside the Jewish community to join us in ensuring that all Jews are afforded the opportunity to live a life which meets these fundamental requirements.
- Nahamu will help to develop innovative ways to support those who are seeking to reorient their lives. We will also seek to work with other organisations which are able to provide assistance to those who have suffered harm in Jewish communities.
- Nahamu will stand in solidarity with any group inside or outside the Jewish community that shares our principles.